Joyce believes in being ‘older and growing’ rather than simply ‘growing old’. Fluent in English and Cantonese, Joyce strives to enrich herself through higher learning in academia and personal development.
- Since 2015 – Registered Psychotherapist (#003495 issued by College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, Canada)
- Since 1998 – Project Management Professional (#12334 issued by Project Management Institute, USA)
- 2015 – Safe and Effective Use of Self in Psychotherapy – 4-day training certificate by Meaning-Centered Counselling Institute
- 2014 – Birkman Certified Consultant – 3-day training in Birkman profile analysis certification
- 2014 – Meaning Conference – 4-day conference by International Network of Personal Meaning
- 2013 – Meaning Therapy Training – 3-day conference (Summer Institute) by International Network of Personal Meaning
- 2011 – 2013 Studied Traditional Chinese Medicine (the ancient Chinese healing art) part-time at the Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TSTCM)
- 2012 – Certified Personality Trainer by CLASSeminars, Inc.
- 2009 – Certified Marriage Counsellor by EOCPC
- 2008 – Certified Administrator for the PREPARE/ENRICH Inventories (Marriage Preparation and Enrichment)
- 2008 – Qualified MBTI® (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) Practitioner
- 2007 – Certified Drug and Addictions Counsellor by EOCPC
- 2004 – Masters in Christian Counselling (MCC), Canada Christian College, Canada
- 1980 – Bachelor of Science in Business Administrations, California State University, Fresno, USA